Opening PL files
Did your computer fail to open a PL file? We explain what PL files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PL files.
What is a PL file?
Files that contain the .pl file extension usually hold script that has been written in the Perl programming language. Perl is a high-level dynamic programming language that was initially developed in 1987 by Larry Wall.
Multiple PL scripts can be compiled and run using a Perl interpreter. PL files are commonly used to design applications that parse and analyze text as well as Web server CGI scripts.
It is very rare to see the .pl file extension used on the Web. This is due to the fact that the Perl scripts are normally run through web server CGI scripts when being used on the Internet.
Software that will open, convert or fix PL files
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- MasterCookUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Edge Code CCUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.