Opening TAB files
Did your computer fail to open a TAB file? We explain what TAB files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your TAB files.
What is a TAB file?
Files that contain the .tab file extension are commonly used for tab-separated data files. These files contain a table of information that stores columns of data that is separated by tabs.
The TAB file format allows the data contained in the file to be imported by almost any spreadsheet application, which will format the information contained in the file into individual data cells in spreadsheet format. These files are also commonly saved with the .tsv file extension.
The .tab file extension is also used for guitar tablature files. These files often contain guitar tabs along with song lyrics in text-based format.
Software that will open, convert or fix TAB files
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- MapInfo Professional for Microsoft WindowsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- TableauUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- MapInfo ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- ThinkFree OfficeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.