Opening XML files
Did your computer fail to open a XML file? We explain what XML files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your XML files.
What is a XML file?
Files that contain the .xml file extension are Extensible Markup Language files. XML files are structured text files. These files can contain a variety of content for an array of computer application purposes.
The XML file format uses custom tags that allow the transmission of files across applications and organizations. XML is very similar to HTML, but with stricter rules. For example, the tags that are created are case sensitive when writing in XML and they must be ended, unlike the tags that are used in HTML documents.
XML was initially created to replace the HTML language, although its use has become more versatile and HTML is still widely used today.
Software that will open, convert or fix XML files
- Microsoft Office InfoPathUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- WindowsR Internet ExplorerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- LibreOfficeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- OpenOffice.org WriterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- OpenOffice.org CalcUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.