Opening TEXT files
Did your computer fail to open a TEXT file? We explain what TEXT files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your TEXT files.
What is a TEXT file?
Files that contain the .text file extension are commonly used to store standard text document files. These files contain unformatted text documents that can be read by a variety of word processing and text editing applications.
Some of the applications that can create standard TEXT files include yBook, Microsoft Word, Notepad, Open Office Writer and Star Office Writer.
The TEXT files that are created by these programs are normally saved in the ASCII text-based format, saving the drive space on a user's computer.
The ArchiCAD for MAC software also uses the .text file suffix. These files contain the geometric description language files that are used by the software program.
Software that will open, convert or fix TEXT files
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Flash Movie PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD Professional EnglishUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.