Opening EML files
Did your computer fail to open an EML file? We explain what EML files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your EML files.
What is an EML file?
Files that contain the .eml file extension are email files that have usually been sent or received by a POP3 email application. These files are normally associated with the Outlook Express software, which is a POP3 email application that is distributed by Microsoft. In some cases, however, EML files can also be created by other email clients as well.
The EML files contain the contents of an email message and they may also contain attachments that were sent by the sender with the original email message. EML files can also contain hyperlinks and linked attachments.
EML files are normally stored in plain text format.
Software that will open, convert or fix EML files
- Windows Live MailUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Mozilla ThunderbirdUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- IBM Lotus Notes/DominoUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Office Home and Business - EnglishUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft OutlookUser Submitted
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.